Legislative Campaign Manager
The Legislative Campaign Manager is a new position at MIRA and will lead outreach and mobilization for MIRA’s priority legislative campaigns. Reporting to the Director of State Policy and Legislative Affairs, this position also works closely with the Director of Organizing and the Director of Communications. The Legislative Campaign Manager will provide strategic direction for field campaigns, help identify top priorities for outreach, and collaborate with the organization team and legislative coalitions on implementation. The Legislative Campaign Manager also ensures that MIRA’s campaign efforts are aligned with advocacy efforts in the Massachusetts State House.
- Create and coordinate a field strategy with defined goals and action steps. Lead relationship and engagement tracking efforts and work with the organizing team to develop and implement a digital campaign
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with community groups, elected officials, political organizations, business leaders and coalition partners at the state and local level
- Collaborate with the Safe Communities Coalition (SCA) Steering Committee to provide direction and strategy to the full Coalition and to mobilize public support for campaign goals
- Work with MIRA’s Communications team to produce bi-weekly SCA bulletin and action alerts
- Represent MIRA in other priority legislative coalitions, including the Driving Families Forward coalition
Education, Essential Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, minimum 5 years experience running statewide legislative or electoral campaigns, or equivalent experience in legislative or political advocacy
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership experience and ability to effectively engage multiple stakeholders and mediate competing priorities in service to a collective vision and goals
- Demonstrated commitment to incorporating principles of equity and inclusion into campaign process and outcomes, demonstrated cultural competence
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, including the ability to tailor messages to diverse audiences
- Familiarity with issues impacting the Commonwealth’s diverse immigrant communities. Bilingual or multilingual candidates are especially welcome.
To apply for this position please send your cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com, subject line: “Legislative Campaign Manager – Your Name” by April 1, 2021
MIRA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and seeks a broad representation of the communities served within its staff.