Working with local and national partners, MIRA makes the citizenship process more accessible to immigrants across the Commonwealth through our free citizenship application assistance. We help green card holders eligible for citizenship to fill out their applications over the phone or by zoom. Through our free application assistance we provide immigrants the legal guidance, referrals and materials needed to successfully complete their application, pass the citizenship exam and become fully integrated members of the United States.
Interns are asked to commit to work a minimum of 15 hours per week through the term. We hope and expect that the Summer 2021 internship will be in person.
- Assist with logistics in communicating with clients including conducting over-the-phone client screening and referrals calls;
- Receive proper training and assist clients with completing their citizenship applications;
- Conduct outreach and follow-up, including answering applicant questions and responding to voicemail inquiries;
- Assist with outreach to potential volunteers; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
Applicants must feel comfortable working with diverse populations and conducting outreach. Bilingual candidates, especially in Spanish, Portuguese and Haitian Creole, are particularly encouraged to apply. The internship is unpaid, but may be used for course credit where applicable.
To apply, send a résumé and cover letter to Emily Reiniger, the citizenship program manager, at email@example.com. Make sure to indicate which term or terms (fall, winter/spring & summer terms) you are interested in. Only applications with both a résumé and a cover letter will be reviewed. Applications are reviewed as internship positions become available, so applicants may not receive an immediate response. Please write “Citizenship Internship- [preferred term of internship]” in the subject line of your email.