Citizenship Ambassadors Program
MIRA is proud to announce the launch of our Citizenship Ambassadors Program, a unique opportunity for naturalized citizen “influencers” and allies to work closely with the MIRA Citizenship program staff to:
- leverage their personal networks to share their citizenship story;
- promote naturalization events;
- discuss the importance of naturalization with the goal of motivating their eligible friends, family, and community members to apply for naturalization;
- share general information about the naturalization processes and provide referrals;
- provide resources for citizenship test preparation;
- encourage LPRs and naturalized citizens to become more civically engaged;
- recruit additional Citizenship Ambassadors.
Citizenship Ambassadors will be:
- engaged and dedicated members of their communities;
- multilingual and multicultural (ideally be proficient in English and at least one other relevant language) and comfortable communicating with people from a variety of backgrounds;
- eager to build their leadership skills;
- comfortable sharing their personal stories and path to citizenship;
- passionate about the importance of applying for citizenship.
Benefits and Commitment:
Citizenship Ambassadors will be engaged in a series of leadership development activities. They will be expected to commit to volunteering a total of 75 hours to include:
- Participation in a series of trainings with other Ambassadors on topics to include: introduction to immigration law, basics of citizenship requirements and process, civic engagement 101, personal storytelling, orientation to MIRA citizenship’s teamwork, and more.
- Regular opportunities to receive and provide feedback with MIRA staff and fellow Ambassadors;
- Community outreach and attendance and planning of events in your community.
Citizenship Ambassadors will receive a $500 stipend, with the possibility of an increase depending on availability of funds.
Introducing the 2021 Citizenship Ambassadors!