MIRA is looking for a friendly, motivated and detail-oriented intern to work closely with our Development Coordinator, supporting every aspect of our fundraising, from grant-writing, to donation tracking, to fundraising campaign and events, to donor relations. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a small nonprofit setting – and to make a difference for a cause that we’re quite passionate about!
You will join a close-knit, warm and enthusiastic team, get to know every aspect of our work, and meet lots of great people. Minimum commitment of 6 hours per week; up to 16 hours possible.
Ideal candidates are:
- College seniors, graduate students, or recent college grads looking for hands-on experience.
- Excellent people skills, in person, by phone and in writing; always kind and engaging.
- Detail-oriented, reliable and good at following directions: this is a mission-critical work for MIRA!
- Reasonably tech-savvy: You will need to use Word, Excel and related Google tools, as well as our donation platform, and possibly our email blast system.
- Motivated, enthusiastic, and happy to come up with ideas or take a project and run with it.
- Extra points if you’re an immigrant or child of immigrants.
This internship is unpaid, but we will gladly work with you to ensure you can earn college credit. Start date is flexible, Aug. 28–mid-September.