Campaigns: New Americans Vote
The New Americans Vote Campaign aims to empower communities registering, educating, and turning out voters on a state-level electoral work as well as coalition work resulting in responsive and large Get Out The Vote (GOTV) operations.
How do we do this?
- MIRA, its members, and allies convene Candidate Forums in under-represented and immigrant districts leading up to elections.
- Conduct advocacy/voter engagement trainings for organizations in partnership with MassVote and the Nonprofit Voter Engagement Network.
- Generate pro-immigrant media pieces that highlight facts over political scapegoating.
- Register hundreds of new voters at naturalization ceremonies in collaboration with local members and partners.
- Work with key members, media, and partners to educate and turn out voters, via multicultural festivals, churches, mailings, literature drops, naturalization ceremonies, radio, press, and more.
- Directly contact voters through phone banks and door knocking to encourage people to register and turn out to vote.
2014 Gubernatorial Primary Voters' Guide
- Click below to see the Mass Voter Table Primary Guide
- Click below to see a transcript of answers to questions at MIRA's Gubernatorial Forum
- Para ver os seus direitos de voto, por favor clicar AQUI
A special thanks to John Bondlow for volunteering to photograph the summer's largest voter registration.